Перейти к содержанию

[2023.04.04] Killing Jokes

Ollie

• Administrators

Here are the contents of the April in-game event in Skylore:

banner.png.cfde63b82ebff518e8c69a6986510dba.png

Storyline

Natives of the Echo - Humans, Elves and Muars may be familiar with the street magician Alaram, who regularly holds magical performances near the main square of the city.

image.gif.788af9ad883b5b64b4df17042eb1ca88.gif

By a mysterious coincidence, the enthusiastic cries of the crowd ceased to be heard from the usual place of the magician's performance. You, the brave adventurers, will have to figure out the reasons for this, becoming participants in an exciting story about the fight against negative emotions.

screen_692876.thumb.png.a86250adc470d11dd6c3e5499ec5f209.png

The plot will unfold mainly in the territory of Echo and Amber, and from now on, characters of all races will have unlimited access to the two major cities of Archeon. A great opportunity to close the gestalt in map exploration and discover the missing waypoints!

screen_8533847.thumb.png.10b94f6dedffc65c1f50742c537478a4.png

Completed story missions will remain with you in the form of daily activities that will help you get even more resources for character development and equipment.

Contracts with Gorgors

As part of the passage of the storyline, group Contracts with Gorgors will also become available to you. The name speaks for itself, because for its passage you can gather a group of trusted comrades in arms - up to 4 people.

screen_8545086.thumb.png.14103f6ba6e6ee730f7f98b6f4491490.png

The main task of the heroes in the Halls of Distortion is to defeat as many monsters as possible in the allotted time, which, like in other event Contracts, attack in waves, and after repelling several, a boss is guaranteed to appear on the location.

The battle with them will require certain tactical skills from you, since the dangerous spells of this powerful enemy have a huge area of effect, sequentially covering the entire location.

image.gif.c99a12600e96df9b17894e6772a81c50.gif

In order to equalize the chances in the battle, before the start of the battle, each of the characters will be able to choose one of the power-ups, but be careful, because it also has a negative effect:

• Increased damage but reduced healing received
  • Increased damage, but decreased defense and resistances
  • Increased ability cooldown speed but reduced damage

screen_8600813.thumb.png.5ec361e1032a9655eb8fad60df5dce64.png

Choose wisely, as you cannot change the buff during the Contract.

If your teammate is defeated, then they will be able to respawn again after the timer expires. This timer grows with each death of a character and is shared by the entire group, so try to keep an eye on your health points so as not to expose your comrades in arms. If there are no living characters left at the location, then the attempt will fail, and none of the group will receive rewards.

No one forbids you from going to the event contract alone, but in a group it is much more fun to do this, not to mention the possibility of revival. In addition, rewards for passing in the form of gold and knowledge are given to all participants without dividing between them. But remember, the more characters in the contract, the stronger the opponents will be.

focus.mp4.gif.8454b5da280a391c35b6f73ace8270bc.gif

The level of monsters is determined by the level of the contract, which will be equal to the skill level of the character at the time of receiving the item, and the higher it is, the more rewards you can get for fighting monsters.

When playing together inside the contract, the mechanics of the effective level will work, equating the characteristics of the character to the level of the location, scaling them up or down. Also, the mechanics will affect the gold and knowledge received by the player:

• If the current level of the player is less than the level of the Contract, then they will receive rewards when fighting monsters of their level.
  • If the current level of the player is higher than the level of the Contract, then they will receive rewards as when fighting monsters of the location level.

In other words, the maximum benefit in a group passage can be obtained by teaming up with characters close in skill level.

mobi.mp4.gif.0c2072bcbb9255ef712cb36143bcc6e0.gif

In addition to the reward for the storyline, you will be able to receive one such contract daily in the guild store, as well as progress rewards for participating in upcoming battles in the Battleground mode.

Don't forget that there is no limit to the number of group Contracts you can complete per day, so feel free to invite your friends to take turns helping each other farm!

Event Rewards

Gold and knowledge will definitely be useful for your character for further leveling, but the main value for participating in the activities of the event is the new currency.

screen_8772498.thumb.png.84cb589386c7f2f83dcf6d0553b2f6f5.png

You can spend the accumulated Ophirium on the purchase of a "Surprise box", inside which you will find gold, soul and shadow shards, diamonds, as well as new unique cosmetic items - the Dark Magician’s Robe and Arsenal.

screen_3942174.thumb.png.69003afc7902061b0e0d818164f89c21.png

You can view the rewards of the event in detail not only inside the game, but also on our forum - 

You also have the opportunity to purchase a "Surprise box" not only for Ophirium, but also for premium currency.

The event will last until 18/04 9:00 UTC. Don't miss the opportunity to collect resources to develop your character and acquire extraordinarily rare rewards!

Happy farming

• Ruscunárë changed the title to [2023.04.04] Killing Jokes

The quest line was great and well-written, and it would be grate to have that ending as a gif later after the event is over.  But the contracts...well...this is complicated. This is the first event where I can't reliably get 200 chests for guaranteed reward. And I thought that love lunacy was bad. But there we had keys. In this event most solo players are at a huge disadvantage. It is difficult to find a party and the rewards from quests are too low. And only one contract from guild shop...battle royal doesn't fix it even with full reward which is extremely unlikely.

So here is the trend:

1) New year event - easy 200+ chests without any problems

2) love lunacy - 200 chests if you have keys and event prolonged by a week to get even more chests, but the original timing was rather tight

3) pirate event - the timing was DEFINITELY below the required threshold and to get 200 chests you had to use diamonds to insta-unlock chests from dungeons. But at least it wasn't THAT bad and the few diamonds spent were more or less compensated by the diamonds from lootboxes.

4) this event - 200(chests)/14(days)=14,2 chests per day. times 20 event coins = 285 event coins. Today we have double reward from quests. (quest line AND same quests as repeatable daily quests) and additional contract from quest reward. After doing 3 contracts I have around 270 event coins. And at this pace tomorrow it will be less because only three daily quests and only one contract instead of 6+2 like today. Obtaining 150 chests would be an accomplishment, and we are still 50 chests behind.

and now we have "please invite me for contract" message spam in chat for the next two weeks.

I will admit that the game doesn't OWE us anything. And we should be grateful for the CHANCE to win a costume/weapon skin, but hear me out

Whether you look at this as a free player or premium player, it does look like the game is becoming more and more demanding, perhaps even predatory. Getting 190 chests and spending 100 diamonds to complete the 200 for mercy mechanic to kick in, is not the same as getting 150 and spending 500 diamonds. So even premium players will have to spend more on average.

spamming the message in the chat is NOT playing the game. And to rely so hard on getting invited by another player with the contract is LUCK. Even if we assume that you are in a well-populated guild. four players have 4 contracts in total per day. That won't be enough to get 200 chests even if you kill the contract boss every time. The only way it COULD work is if you get MORE contracts from solo players in addition to four guild contracts from your team. And that is happening at the expense of other players. In simple words - if players were SUPER RATIONAL and optimized this game as much as they could, we would have at most FOUR contracts per day per player. (4 players in party, each one uses a contract, so four runs in total). And that is not enough to get 200 chests.

Now, this event is in progress and it is too late to fix it. But please reconsider your approach to events. If the trend doesn't change you will begin to lose premium players because at this pace, paying will be the only way to obtain this kind of rewards. And that is just gambling. We celebrate April's fools day but we are not fools.

Have a nice day

True cant chat 24/7 "please invite me for contract" bcs i go here play the game, its not a chat emulator. this event like a joke. Last one event good one, just dg and spent diamonds if you want, this one only for chat players.🤢

Изменено пользователем Words

this event is totally unfair to low level players since no one would call a low level player to help with a contract so can we only do 1 contract per day? They should think about the new players who are starting and need encouragement that way only makes the newbie more and more discouraged!

Изменено пользователем cruzado

I can subscribe under every word of Blaze msg and even add some:

• This is the first event when players can feel excluded

I don't understand why devs decided to not introduce contracts daily. I just don't. Only ppl from guilds, and only ppl with 500 badges in their guilds(which is 3-4 days on average) can have fun.

Others can see players hopping inside chests, they can see spam in global chat, but they really can't participate, other than in first day when they doing quest and...it's sad.

Should event make players sad? 

• Too big of advantage for high lvl's

I am lvl 27, and I did spam message in global that I can help. And someone called that opportunistic. And they are right. But it's also a game, it's an optimal thing to do. Just as it's optimal to join for the beast only when it's close or with group. Or 20+ arena where 30+ characters are dominating. It's all opportunistic by design.

The only people who control if something being opportunistic or not are devs, not players. And it's them who create such environment.

Should they do that, not only in daily grind, but also in events?

Even tho I liked introduction of group gorgors, which would be handy on valentines, and I see that work been done with questline and contract, I don't feel like it's complimented by event itself, I would say even the opposite. And it's sad to know that it isn't in basic game after event ends.

*Sad clown face* 

⫷ ❛⧭❜⫸

A ideia de fazer eventos mensais é boa, porém a execução desses eventos está péssima. Além de repetitivos, esses eventos tem se tornado difíceis para os iniciantes e frustrante para os jogadores de end game. 

Acho que passou da hora de vocês serem criativos ou levar as sugestões da comunidade a sério. Parece que mesmo com toda comunicação, vocês não conseguem compreender o que a comunidade está pedindo.

Quando pedimos "contrato em grupo", significa que queremos que vocês mudem a mecânica do contrato existente e não adicionem um contrato novo por tempo limitado em um evento extremamente p2w. Me parece que fizeram esse evento pra mostrar que tem tudo pronto pra mudar os contratos mas não fazem porque não querem .

Se o foco de vocês fosse em atualizações consistentes e não em eventos e skins talvez a comunidade estivesse mais feliz com esse jogo. Queremos conteúdo em grupo, para jogar com nossos amigos e guilda, PVP, recompensas por batalhas e não eventos individualistas como esse.

Sinceramente, só continuo jogando por causa da minha guilda. O jogo está deixando a desejar e a cada evento que passa deixa isso mais claro. 

A concorrência aí fora é gigante e vocês parecem estar fazendo esforço pra galera abandonar o jogo. Infelizmente não vou gastar mais uma moeda nesse jogo, estou decepcionado.

Ps: Obrigado por poluir o chat. 3 dias de evento e ninguém aguenta mais pedir PT para contrato.

Not only the mechanics behind this even are bad, but the event also brought forth the worst and most rotten human qualities. Opportunistic Rogravi at least plays by the rules and I don't blame him for anything. But this event is the first one where players are betraying trust. There are scammers. Let me repeat that.

---

THERE!

ARE!

SCAMMERS!!!

---

After a few days to figure out what works and what doesn't work, players began to do 4x4 runs. This is when 4 players form a group and use one contract each. Reasonable right? With that strategy each player can have four runs for the price of a single contract. You contribute one contract you get four runs. This is still not enough to get 200 chests, but this is at least better than doing one contract per day. The problem is that there is no way to ensure that a player in such group will use his/her contract! So a scammer promises to contribute a contract, gets a couple of runs with the group and then just disappears!

There is NO way to know if the player is a scammer before inviting them to the party. If you weren't online when he scammed his/her previous victim, you won't see the message about this scammer in the chat. And by tomorrow many will forget, that there was such scammer. This has nothing to do with the skill. Any social skills that you have in real life don't apply. You don't see their facial expression, you don't hear their voice. The players communicate via chat. So even if you could recognize a suspicious person in real life, it is completely useless here. With chat as your only medium you can't even begin to make judgements about trustworthiness of a person.

So, to keep people up to date - here is the name. Constantine with a "^" instead of a dot in the letter "i" of his name. He scammed us for three contracts. That is about 60 event coins. Here, I hope 3 event chests were worth having your name carved in the HALL OF SHAME. Everyone will know that you are a scammer. Not just for this event, but for all upcoming events too. Do whatever you want with that knowledge. Blacklist him/ignore him/pk him or join him to scam more victims.

and my message to the devs - please don't do events that follow the zero sum rule from game theory. One person's gain should not be defined by another person's loss. Every contract that you get without contributing your own contract to the 4x4 party is a ruined 4x4 party for some other player. Because the player who went with you wont have three more runs paid with his contract. The worst part is that it could be easily fixed!

Here is how you make a better event by similar rules. Instead of a group contract you give a player a reusable contract that contains 4 charges. the charges regenerate each day. The contract is only the key to the area and everyone, who steps in, uses his/her charge regardless of the activator of the contract. That way every player would be guaranteed to have four runs per day. And stronger players won't abuse their strength too much because they can't make more than four runs either. Or, if you want to make it more appropriate for higher lvl players, you can give them more charges. players 20- can have 4 charges, players 20 and higher can have 8 charges. And that solves the problem! No need to look for a four character party  to complete 4 contracts in a row. You can do three contracts now with one party and then finish the last charge with some other team in a few hours. You will use the same four charges per day. It would be less stressful and scamproof. We would even forgive you if the charges had to be used within a day or lost forever. Even by those rules where you have to do 4 guaranteed runs per day or not get profit from them it would be awesome. And of course the reward should be more event coins. love lunacy had 2-6-9 sets of event coins. This event has 1-3-4 sets. 1/3+3/3+4/3 = 8/3 = 2,666 on average if the distribution is uniform. And it feels more like 2 coins per box, not 2,6. And no free contract, and no world boss to drop contract. Only one guild contract and a threat to not have four runs because of scammers. I wrote that 150 chests would be a great luck but it looks now that the estimated amount of chest through normal participation is closer to 100. And that doesn't mean 50% chance to get a skin with 0.005 chance (half percent per chest). This is not how probabilities work. You don't multiply half percent by 100 to get 50%. with 0,995 chance of NOT getting a skin you have a 0,995^100 of not getting a skin from 100 chests. 0,995^100 = 0,605 of 60% chance of NOT getting a skin. The chances to not get a skin from 100 chests (which is half way through to the mercy mechanic at 200) are worse than a coin toss. You play 2 weeks doing every quest and 4x4 contract parties but if you don't buy boxes for diamonds, you are more likely to end up WITHOUT a skin than with one. And even if you decide to buy boxes...you need one hundred of those in addition to the ones you get from playing the game. That is WAY more than a costume's price. (the estimated cost of a costume is 1000-1200 diamonds, based on previous entries in the premium shop)

Even the good storyline for the event can't redeem all the downsides of it. Please don't make an event like this ever again. ANYTHING but this will be better. Even the Halloween event was better. Because on Halloween you sent everyone a bunch of event contracts mid-event.

The pirate event worked because players could NOT mess this up for each other. You complete dungeon - you get reward. Even in a second part of the event where there was a competition for a costume+weapon skin, you could not mess up the leader without messing up yourself. Love lunacy was slightly worse because it relied on vigor recovery and you mostly do arenas for that so with tough competition you would struggle to recover more vigor. but it wasn't THAT bad. And no one was interested in messing up the Shauron/Ember world bosses (on love lunacy and new year)

• Administrators

@BlazeMG Thank you for your interest in the project and detailed feedback!

We did not intend to create a trend of events in which you will receive fewer and fewer rewards, including due to bad human qualities. We will definitely fix it.

Of course, I will pass on all your thoughts and suggestions to the developers, thanks for their clear reasoning!

I'm sure there will be even more cool events in the future!

I thought you can't make this event worse, but here we are...I guess you absolutely HAVE to go with the fools' theme.

"we left the lootboxes so players could buy them if they missed the time before update..." - no you didn't. you kept the lootboxes with the diamond cost. If you cared about players who could miss the last day of the event to buy those you would not delete the ophirium priced chest. You didn't have to remove it. There were no more quests to gain ophirium. And the group contracts were timed. You could actually leave the chest for ophirium and it wouldn't break anything. But you didn't. And now there are only 1 chest for 100 diamonds and pack of 10 chests for 900 diamonds (90 diamonds each). The estimated cost of the costume is 1200 diamonds. So if you bought just twenty chests with the discount you would spend 1800 diamonds. That's 150% of the estimated cost of the costume without any guarantee to get it. Unless you had 180-190 chests before the update, spending any amount of diamonds on those chests is the horrible investment.

You can get it from blue dungeon chest. And a guaranteed from each third blue chest. Sounds nice except the chances for a blue chest to drop are pretty low. And you can't throw away a chest. The only way to dispose of the chest is to open it. So to get more chances to get blue chest you must open more white/green chests. How do you open more chests when there is a timer? You pay diamonds to skip the timer! So you are paying money to have another go at this one-armed bandit and there is a ten-minute dungeon run in between to make it look like a game and not a blatant gambling. This is getting into Diablo Immor(t)al territory, and we all know how much of the backlash that game received. And you have every tool to make it better. You used that tool in a pirate event. You have a hidden counter to see how many times the dungeon was attempted. Instead of making a reward from blue chest, which has to be obtained through multiple dungeon runs, you could make a reward from completing a certain amount of dungeons regardless of the chests stored in a queue. You do NOT want players to play more dungeons because the counter of dungeon runs would achieve that. No, you want them to spend more diamonds to insta unlock dungeon chests. Doing more runs is just an intermediary step to get those blue chests and to add time between a pair of diamond-paid insta unlocks to disguise gambling as a game.

I really hope that the decision about this part of the event was made BEFORE the first part of the event occurred and BEFORE you received all the feedback from players and that it was simply to late to change plans.

But hey, at least we don't have the "helpers for contract" spam in the chat anymore! Good luck with that gambling.

Amei a skin do passe, foi uma das mais lindas. Prometi a mim mesmo que não contribuiria mais financeiramente com o jogo, mas só a skin do passe me fez repensar. Ah, em outro ato de "gênio", para recompensar os jogadores por um evento um tanto ruim, você dá a skin do passe para todos os maiores de 16 anos? Tenho mais de 30 anos, para mim os benefícios do passe não fazem diferença, comprei pela pele bonita. Ao final desse evento desastroso, quem saiu como " PIADA ", quem comprou o passe para a skin e todos ficaram com a mesma skin mas com cores alteradas. Parabéns titulum, continue errando e esquecendo de consultar a comunidade! Sinto que o jogo é um diamante nas mãos de Niendertais. PS: A lore do evento foi fofa, deu pra perceber que teve carinho. Minha crítica foi a forma como a empresa conduziu esse evento, o pós evento e as recompensas pelo desastre! Tenho certeza que não foi bom para nós nem para você. PS: A lore do evento foi fofa, deu pra perceber que teve carinho. Minha crítica foi a forma como a empresa conduziu esse evento, o pós evento e as recompensas pelo desastre! Tenho certeza que não foi bom para nós nem para você.
Изменено пользователем the killer
the forum is buggy, I can't see or edit my text. sorry if something goes wrong

• Ollie unpinned this тема