Перейти к содержанию

obtaining low lvl equipment as higher lvl character

BlazeMG

I read in a guide that the reward for killing monsters is determined by the lowest level of the character in the group (if you farm in a group that is), and the level penalty for killing low level MONSTERS is not strictly one level (for example you can still get VERY low amounts of gold and chests from lvl 6 monsters if your own character is lvl 10) which means that a lvl 10 character can obtain apprentice set of armour of any variety (light, balanced or heavy). There are also treasure chests from adamantine grotto that will be low level if you farm with a low level character in your party. But what about fighter set? It is obtained from chests that you gain from arenas. And after you move from league 1 to league 2 (at level 10) the chests will contain gladiator set. At least that is what I observed. And the level of the chest IS declared at the arena menu screen. The interesting thing is - the first few rewards for league 2 progression are chests with fighter armour/accessories/weapons(specific for your class), and only after that there is gladiator gear. So the game implies that fighter set should be still relevant at least at lvl 10. But what if those chests contained the wrong pieces of fighter set? Is it possible to obtain fighter items from level 10 chest from arena? What set is dropped from the chests (lvl 8-lvl 9) from adamantine grotto?

Why would anyone want a fighter set instead of gladiator set? For the same reasons as any other "lighter" equipment in comparison to the heavier one. Lower level of your armour means that it is cheaper to repair (if you are short on gold, that is relevant), cheaper to upgrade (progress bar moves further from combining with another item, less gold and knowledge for upgrade), and honestly...it can look aesthetically better. Skylore is an RPG and to have a character that looks in a specific way is part of a game, even if it means disadvantage. Another famous rpg "Runescape" (I apologize in advance if it is forbidden to mention other games on this forum) had it as an achievement - to play with suboptimal gear.

I don't think that it makes a lot of sense to lock away one of the three sets of gear(   1)normal pve, 2)dungeon pve and 3)pvp  ) for each league behind the (single) lvl penalty, because the stronger gear for the same build can be obtained just by playing, without thinking about anything REMOTELY as complicated as finding a lvl (9- ) companion to farm adamantine caves.

Finally, I know that if characters from different leagues are in party, they will fight on arena for the stronger league (lvl 9 character is dragged to fight with lvl (10+) and not vice versa), but this lvl(9-) character DOES NOT obtain lvl 10 chest even if he/she wins that fight against lvl (10+) opponents (which is quite an accomplishment considering the difference in equipment).

I am waiting for the answer to this riddle.

• Administrators

All equipment in the game obtained from chests depends on the level of this chest.
Up to level 10, these are Apprentice, Fighter and Pioneer sets, after 10 - you can get others. (next stage after reaching level 20)

When you win in the arena, you get a chest of your level, regardless of your teammates, so after level 10 you cannot get fighter items from this chest.

When you win a dungeon, you will receive a chest level equal to the level of the least pumped character in your group.

The level of the chest in the Adamant Caves depends on the location, in the Сrystal Grove it is equipment up to level 10, and in the Kragg  Outskirts in the chests there is stronger equipment.

Lower level items can be obtained from guild raids and when hunting monsters, since there the level of items is tied to the level of enemy. But there is no way to obtain a fighter set after level 10.

There is no point in using the Fighter's Set if you already have the option to get the Gladiator's Set, because even the regular version is better than the uncommon item from the Fighter's Set. Excluding the issue of aesthetics ...

Considerations of aesthetics and beauty in this regard, unfortunately, do not work well with the in-game mechanics of character development. However, I'm sure that the possibilities for this will expand and in the future it will be possible not only to get a fighter set by a character of any level, but also to more carefully customize the appearance of the character and his equipment :Yuo_Know_what_I_mean_Nibbler:

thank you for your response. If you allow, I may suggest a few ways to handle this:

1) the most obvious solution is to make chests that contain fighter and gladiator sets, with pieces of gladiator set being less common, so that players are motivated to farm for those chests more if they want a gladiator set.

2) for those who already have fighter set, there could be an option to exchange existing piece of set for the same piece but of the different type (light for balanced/heavy, balanced for light/heavy, heavy for light/balanced) with additional cost. The cost may be either gold/knowledge/some other resource, or it can be in the form of penalty (exchanged item loses all upgrades, perhaps even go down one colour, e.g from green to white). Another option may be an exchange of an item from one set for the same type of item from another set with a downgrade. for example a pioneer piece(obtained from dungeon) for fighter piece (from arena)

3) allow to "flush" the ranking of the character in the league along with progress of that league. There are three fighter chests available as progression rewards for characters in league 2 (one for armour, one for jewelry and one for weapon). The contents of those chests are comparable to the contents of the chests a player would win normally from participating in arena, so it won't ruin the balance that much...if at all. Could be done directly by a player or as a punishment for deserting from a few battles in a row.

4) use the preexisting mechanic of restricting the level of the character. It is implemented in daily events and gorgor contracts. If effective level goes below 10, so should the level of the chest. Perhaps some rare fighting event where characters from different leagues can fight on equal terms...

5) crafting...right now there are no resources dropped from enemies, only equipment/gold/knowledge

6) trade between characters WITHIN one account. I know that there is no trade between PLAYERS, but if one person has multiple characters on a single account, there could be an option to pass equipment from one to another. But this one would require protection from abuse, since using better equipment levels your character up, passing an endgame gear to a lvl 1 character will turn that character into an end-game character...but if the item passed is WORSE than the currently equipped (like in this example with gladiator/fighter set) it could be allowed, since a character who receives a weaker item can not use it to boost his/her own level.

as for aesthetics...the penalty is not as huge as you would expect if we are talking about a single piece from a set (lets say...a body piece). a character can have a hat,gloves,boots and all jewelry from gladiator set, but a vest from a fighter set. and for the power you lose in stats from wearing such body piece, you actually gain certain advantage at disinformation. If an enemy assumes your appearance based on your visible armour and it is the only weak piece...you can actually lure players to attack you and regret it. Aesthetics IS weapon when used for deception.

finally, i would like to disagree with this -> There is no point in using the Fighter's Set

there is a point in using fighter's set or any set lighter than the one expected for your characters current level. The point is about control. The control of your characters level. You CAN use gladiator set, but if you try to use more pieces from it, or to improve pieces you have beyond certain point, you move up a level...and sometimes you move up to the next league and now the gladiator set is inferior to some other set. Also there talents you learn for knowledge. You can have a character in fighter set with WAY MORE talents at the same mastery level as the character in gladiator set with a few talents. AND when this character (with fighter set) DOES level up and switches to gladiator set...his/her talents don't disappear. So it is a much bigger gap in strength from leveling up and updating your gear. And I could give a few more examples, but I believe I have made a point here. This is not about competitive pvp alone. It affects A LOT of parts of the game.

• Administrators

I agree, if you do not take into account the goal to increase your level as quickly as possible, then the problem becomes more urgent.

Thanks again for your deep thoughts, there is something for the developers to think about!